Friday, October 29, 2004

"Arbit" Appreciation

To say that the last 2 weeks have been overwhelming, would be an understatement.. What started of with my trivial forward of Arbit Choudhury comic strips to my mailing list, has snowballed into manumental proportions.. after having received truckloads of appeciation mails (not just from various B-schools, but also from remote corners of the corporate world), i am finally beginning to realize that I might have created a phenomenon.. something which has the potential to become a global B-school icon..

Now the dielemma is, not if, but how to continue with it? Should we make a website for Arbit, or a yahoogroup, or make all fans wait till MastishK 2005.. One ingenious idea is to make it the world's 1st Open Source Cartoon Strip.. inviting ideas form all readers and incorporating the best ones...The decision will come soon.. for the time being, let me wallow in the sea of appeciation.. here are some of the best compliments we have received so far--

**************************************
just saw your complete collection ofarbit choudhury. it was really amazing.hats of to uguys for creating something so unique.keep doing thegood work.hope to see more from your guys in future
**************************************
liked the character sketch of Arbit Chaudhary very much. He is verymuch of what we do in B School Really remarkable.
**************************************
frm a huge plethora of forwards it was a welcome relief....
**************************************
Extremely nice creativity, especially ur SCM concept of sex, underworld of one way, andJIT. Being an engineer and experienced in JIT & SCM organization, Ireally like this cirque.
**************************************
keep going and give every1 a reason to smile.
**************************************
Creativity and application to achieve a great and memorable result.
**************************************
Well I myself is not froma B-School grad but then I have seen the B-School life from quite close.This sure is a good description of that. Well Dilbert talk about the lifefor an employee.. which is not the case with ARbit... I guess you should tryfocusing on the early days of Arbit in the college when he enter theB-School and gets the shock of his life to get a different picture of theB-Schools..
**************************************
the character ARBIT Choudhury is simply superb, apart from the fun part I think it carries some message for MBA criticizers, its your creativity guys. Hope ARBIT Choudhury will hover around for ever.
**************************************
I just wanted to congratulate you both on the innovative and creative ideaof creating a Cartoon Character with which all of us can associateourselves with.
**************************************
Life of Arbit C. and mine looks almost the same.
**************************************
Astounding, is the only word that comes to my mind when I think offeed back for your work on Mr. Arbit Choudhury. Amazing art work andalso witty strips, and moreover everything is related to Mangement, sothats really goog.
**************************************
hellofa job u guys have done..actually you know what makes me write this is many of Arbit'ssnippets i used to have with my friends this actually took me back to my discussions with them on chaiki tapri...as i still owe my MBA to govind(the chaiwala)..hahaha..
**************************************
Just saw a piece of "F" ART- a good art.
Infact was thinking that this is what we used to think while Doing MBA.
But only Work pays and not just ideas which die in our mind,
**************************************
Arbit is a nice icon for B schoolers I'm sure.I'm very certain all the B schoolers who have read the strip would havesaid to themselves, "Hey! That's me!". I could relate to him myself! Whydon't you form an Arbit fan club and ask readers for ideas.
**************************************
What surprises me is that you managed to find time and creativity despite your busy schedule to invent it! Having done an MBA and having an inclination for creativity, I understand and appreciate your work. Great work guys!Hope you'll carry on with the strip. Maybe you could make it a fortnightly treat for your colleagues. If you have a regular college magazine or newsletter, get it published. I'm sure people will admire and appreciate your efforts.
**************************************
I have forwarded arbit to all my groups...he seems to be a great hiteverywhere...Yesterday at home we had a gala time reading andlaughing...Really good time...
**************************************
Expand, innovate, franchise and partner to make this bigger!!!
Talk to ET, BW, BT, BI!!!
**************************************
simply amazing...u guys seem to have put in a lot of work !!!! bahut socha hai strip par.....guess u have started a great idea that other bschool events would find hard to match !
**************************************
Though I am not a Management Grad, I am a consultant and I use all these fundas everyday. “Yeh Dil Cahe Thoda Aour”
**************************************
They say most of the Surd jokes were coined by Surds themselves.. After all it takes a real sport to laugh at one's own tribe... U guys have hit the nail on the head... MBA is all bosh... Keep up the good work !!
**************************************

Thanks folks... Arbit will be back soon.. in a mailbox near you..

2 comments:

Whats In A Name said...

I didnt send u a mail...
But u r gr88 dude..

Anonymous said...

Hi thakur
Nice to know ur Arbit choudhary has become so popular
Yaar atleast now u should realise ur luck is not the only reason which has made u succesful in life
I know u would say u r quiet lucky guy
But such amount of success cannot be achieved only
by luck It has to be some thing more than that
Congrats dude
Hope to see u some time
Vinod