Tuesday, November 23, 2004

The Final Countdown....

Well........ The most exciting and enjoyable phase of my life is just about to come to an end.. In a month, my MBA at NITIE will be over for all practical purposes.. Placements are due in early jan.. then I will be off to which ever place I am required to do my 4 month final project at.... To say that I would miss this place would be an understatement.. Over the last 1 and half years, I have probably learnt and enjoyed more than all of the 21 previous years put together.. I would like to reserve my ruminations on my learnings for some other time.. Today, let me focus on all the fun I’ve had..

24 hrs 10 MBPS net connection is probably the favourite pastime for each NITIEan.. I’ve gotten so addicted to it, I shudder to think how I would survive without it.. The fantabolus scenery.. the late night walks on “The Monty Carlo”.. the cricket matches.. the afternoon naps.. I would miss’em all.... NITIE has also been a time for many personal firsts for me.. my 1st skit/play.. my 1st swimming experience.. my 1st full fledged outing.. my 1st dance.. my 1st victory in a contest.. the list in never ending....

To add to the long list of firsts, I just had my 1st boating experience a couple of days back.. in the NITIE pond.. and it was a most exciting and nail biting one at that.. God only knows what prompted 4 of us.. a “Jackal” who can’t swim, a hyperactive “Baba”, a “Gulti” with a penchant for theatrics, and a burly “Goanese”.. to bustle into a tiny boat.. More than once, we were almost on the brink of martyrdom.. with the boat being tossed from one side to another by our collective antics.. Somehow, we managed to reach home in dry.. Phew..
This will be my last post for sometime.. I'll give blogging a break till placement.. My next post will have to wait till I get my another 1st in my life.... My 1st job.....

1 comment:

Whats In A Name said...

Now that I am a bit regular in freaking to the net... I seriousely oppose this idea of yours to temporarily suspend blogging... I will flood your blog ruthlessly with filthy and poor jokes if your dare not to blog...
Gurrrrrrrrrr...
Sallu