Sunday, August 15, 2004

Days of Thunder..

I had heard lots of things about monsoon of Mumbai before I came here.. So was ready for some wet and soggy times when landed in Mumbai to join the B-school, on 26th June 2003.... And I didn’t have to wait long.. In fact, I didn’t have to wait at all.... I got soaking wet at Kanjur Marg station itself.... And then got a room on the ground floor of one of the hostels.. As i entered the room, I felt more like entering a puddle, with rain water all over the place.... Thankfully, I was able to shift rooms immediately... And moved to the top floor.. And what happened then??.... You guessed it.. Seepage from the roof......

It must have been a month before I first saw the Mumbai sun.. The rains just kept coming.. and coming.. and coming.... At times, it was difficult to even figure out what time of the day it was.. But after a while, I began to enjoy it.... during monsoons, my B-school, with all it’s majestic greenery, scenic lakes and contoured roads, looks even more like a hill station than it usually does.. reminds me of Darjiling....

Looking back at Vihar lake from the top of MDP hostels, you almost feel being transported into Jurassic Park.. Thick jungles, lakes and constant rains.. All you need are some monumental creatures to complete the picture.. It’s quite unbelievable that such exotic natural magnificence can exist right in the midst of a bustling metropolis.. All this prompted one of my friends to comment one day, “wish we had a 5 year MBA program here….” don’t know about others, but I for one would not mind it one bit..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey shubham

similar thoughts as were in my blog " laakhon kaa sawan"..:-)..
NITIE just takes your heart away boss...
and this photograph is JUST THE BEST
btw don't worry you will find a girlfriend soon

ashii