Monday, July 19, 2004

The Birthday Bash(ing)

It is with great pain that I sit here to make this post tonight.. Great pain in the butt.. It’s my b’day today.. And in true engineering and b-school tradition, i've just been subjected to the most inhuman attack from behind..... Not that I have any justification for complaining.. I myself have been guilty of perpetrating this heinous offence on many of my friends.. What you give is what you get.. It was my turn to be on the receiving end today.... unfortunately......

I knew beforehand, that I was in for a bump-y ride .. As is it, I have a wiry frame, and don’t have too much cushion on my posterior.. So, had taken all the precautions I could, like wearing 4 undies and a thick jeans, just to soften the impact of the blows somewhat.. But an umbrella can’t help you in a hurricane.. The precautions proved woefully inadequate.. As boot after boot of each batchmate crash-landed on my seat, all i cud do was hope that i somehow manage to save my ass.... literally......

Later, some of my closer friends got a cake for me.. And after the customary cake make-up on the b’day boy’s face, it was time for some photo-ops.. Nikhil, Dutta, Tappu, Medda, Anish, Khanna, Khetan, Ashita, Payal, Sabya.. They were all there..
I am used to sedate b’day celebrations.. Just between family members.. This was the first time that so many people were involved in my b’day.. I wont forget this day in a hurry.. Atleast not as long as i feel the pain whenever I sit :)....

Birthdays come and go.. Life moves on.. These are days which remind you that life does not have a rewind button… Once u cross the landmark, there is no way of going back.. So, you might as well enjoy each second.. This reminds me of the song- “zindagi ke safar mein guzar jate hain jo mukam, woh phir nahi aate, woh phir nahi aate”........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

missed out on the bashing dished out to shubham but i could surely guess what it felt like having seen scores of other students getting bashed black 'n blue... stayed away from the b'day party that followed too...
anyways, this is shubham's b'day and he of all people surely enjoyed it:: that's for sure//// kudos mate :)

Anonymous said...

It was a treat to give Shubham a real licking on his bday...after all we have lost count of the number of times he has come up with his smart alec comments to leave us tearing our hair. even better was the chance to soak him in Pepsi+Mirinda.
waise the Jackal is everybody's darling. only moments ago two of our batchmates (girls off course) read this peice and were " oh...Shubham is so cuuute." Honest to god Shubham i am not making this up.
well this was his last Bday in NITIE..unless someday he comes here as director of the institute or something and we tried our best that he will remember it for a long time to come. Incidentally we did not know that it was four undies.....we thought it was Huggies XXXL which was the reason for Shubham's enlarged posterior.wishing shubham many more such fun filled bday's....aaj humne bumps diye ..bhagwan se yahi dua hai ki aane waale saalon mein tere biwi aur bache is kaam ko anjaam denge.
ab intezaar hai chavi ke Bday ka jab humen yeh
shubh(am) awsar phir milega ...for you know why ;)
Anish "The Boss"

Whats In A Name said...

Happy Bday Dude...
Aapko 2 3 laatein maarne ka avsar mujhe bhi mil jaata to aur anand aata... Anyways , jab bhi kabhi mulakkat hui to mukkalaat kar lenge...